Welcome to the Pals’ Blog Hop! While the COVID 19 pandemic is adding stress to our lives, we Pals hope this blog hop will help to lift your spirits. Let us inspire you to take a creative break and relax for a little while. This month our theme is “Special Occasions” where we have made a project for just about any occasion you can think of! You’ll find the full line-up below to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
I love fun fold cards and I have a new favorite for you today called a pop out fun fold.
Normally I would be on my way to Massachusetts this week to celebrate Easter with family. I have four sisters and a brother and even though we live in 4 different states we usually manage to get together for special occasions and holidays. I’m usually in charge of ~25 table favors for everyone. Because everyone is “sheltering in place” this year I decided to send my mom and siblings this Easter card. The sentiments from the Hold On To Hope Stamp set couldn’t be more appropriate this year!
I stamped the hope sentiment then cut it apart for the front of the card. I also used several of the other stamps on the back of the card.
There’s even room to add a personal message. This stamp set also has coordinating dies, Cross of Hope, which I used to cut out the layered crosses and flowers on the front. I have used these dies for many different occasion cards (sympathy, wedding, new baby, baptism, Easter).
I have many fond memories of Easter. My mom would make all our Easter dresses and my Nanna would buy us new white ankle socks and Mary Jane patent leather shoes (which I loved to use to tap dance on the blacktop). My dad would always buy the girls corsages to wear to church. We hunted for bags of jellybeans and it wasn’t who found the most bags, it was who had the most jellybeans (there were different amounts in each bag) so no one ate any until you counted them! Here’s a couple of old photos of me with my siblings. (I’m the youngest in the first photo and third in the line up.)
I hope they will enjoy their special Easter cards this year. If you would like to make this fun fold card be sure to check back tomorrow. I’ll have another version of this fun fold card along with the tutorial. (*Subscribe to my blog so you don’t miss out when I post.) You can view the list of products I used below.
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Mark your calendars for Wednesday, May 13th, when we will say “Goodbye to January Mini and 2019 Annual Catalog and/or Hello to 2020 Annual Catalog.” The Design Team will showcase their favorites from the retiring catalogs or new products from the new catalog. Don’t miss the fun! And, until then, please stay safe.
Pals Blog Hop Line-Up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps, Ink
- Jen Roque at Stamp Camp with Jen
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Leah O’Brien at Ink, Paper, Stamps, Oh My!
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
Product List for Easter fun fold card (Click on image to SHOP!)
Have a wonderful day!
Click HERE to Subscribe to Paper Pumpkin (by April 10th) to have this “fam-tastic” kit delivered to your door.