Welcome to the Pals’ Blog Hop! We’re so glad you’re here. You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. This month we are celebrating the 10th anniversary of the Pals Blog Hop with “Critters” from the Stampin’ Pretty Pals. Many of the design team members are offering “Mystery Blog Candy” of their choice to 1 lucky winner. To play along, just leave a comment on as many blog posts as desired. A random winner will be announced on a subsequent blog post by each participating design team member. You’ll find the full line-up below to help you “hop”(or “buzz”) along from Pal to Pal.
These little critters are “buzzing” with excitement! I started blogging just before my youngest left for college. (She set up this blog to keep me busy so I wouldn’t miss her so much.) It’s hard to believe she will be graduating in less than two months! (Fun Fact….Her college mascot is named Buzz.) Time does fly (or buzz) by when you’re having fun! I’m celebrating my 7 year anniversary with Stampin’ Up! this week! (I made a smart decision and joined during Sale-A-Bration!) I have met so many wonderful friends through my journey with Stampin’ Up! This card is headed to one of those sweet friends.
I love this color combination! This is one of those cards that just evolved as I was creating with the Honey Bee Bundle (one of my favorite sets in the Mini Catalog). I was planning to make a wreath which turned in to a “peek-a-boo” card when I got ink on the card front. Rather than start over I just punched it out. Anyway, in the end I really love how it turned out. Here’s the card details:
- Card Base: 4 1/4 x 11 Whisper White scored at 5 1/2 for a side fold card
- Inside card: 4 x 5 1/4 Basic Black and 3 3/4 x 5 Whisper White
- Adhere 1 1/4″ Daffodil Delight and 1″ strip of DSP along left side of card front.
- Punch (or die cut) a 2 1/4″ Circle in the card front and another with the Golden Honey DSP. Adhere Circle DSP through the opening on the front to inside of card. *This helps guide you where to write or stamp on the inside so it won’t show through.
- Stamp flowers around the circle using Memento Black Ink and color with Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blends (lightly) or Watercolor Pencil.
- Make a double bow with Daffodil Delight 1/4″ Ruched Ribbon and attach with a Glue Dot.
- Stamp sentiment on 1/2″ strip of Daffodil Delight and notch the ends. Adhere with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp bee on scrap piece of Whisper White and cut with Detailed Bee Dies. Color with Daffodil Delight Blends and Clear Wink of Stella. Adhere with Stampin’ Dimensional.
- Punch (or die cut) a 2″ circle from Basic Black cardstock then center and cut 2 1/2″ Circle to create a frame. Glue on inside of card around the circle opening.
Don’t forget to stamp/decorate the envelope to match!
Who is your “sweet friend” that you would send this card to? Make sure you leave a comment for a chance to win my mystery blog candy. Winner will be announced on Friday, March 13th. Don’t forget to “buzz” back to see who wins! Subscribe to my blog so you don’t miss out on a single post!
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Mark your calendars for Wednesday, April 8th, for our “Special Occasions” blog hop when our Design Team showcase projects for weddings, graduation, anniversary, baby, Mother’s/Father’s Day or any special occasion. Don’t miss the fun!
Pals Blog Hop Line-Up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty First Hop – January 2010
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts First Hop – May 2011
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian First Hop – June 2012
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards First Hop – September 2012
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping First Hop – March 2013
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping First Hop – March 2013
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations First Hop – August 2013
- Amanda Merrill at Inkflair First Hop – April 2014
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’ First Hop – May 2014
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom First Hop – September 2014
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity First Hop – January 2015
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose First Hop – January 2015
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs First Hop – June 2015
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds First Hop – July 2015
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit First Hop – September 2015
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’ First Hop – August 2016
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’ First Hop – September 2016
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping First Hop – April 2017
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot! First Hop – May 2017
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art First Hop – June 2017
- Leah O’Brien at Ink, Paper, Stamps, Oh My! First Hop – February 2018
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink First Hop – June 2018
- Jen Roque at Stamp Camp with Jen First Hop – October 2019
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps Ink First Hop – November 2019
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping First Hop – January 2020
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life First Hop – March 2020
Don’t forget to leave a comment for a chance to win mystery blog candy. *Note: I can only ship within the U.S.
Have a wonderful day!
Product List for Honey Bee card and treat holder (Click on image to SHOP.)
I would love to have you join my team! Sale-A-Bration is a great time to join Stampin’ Up! and get in on the EXTRA free stuff with the purchase of a completely customized starter kit!
- Get YOUR CHOICE of up to $125 in products for $99 (that’s $26 in free products) and the kit ships FREE for another 10% savings. You also get a FREE Paper Pumpkin kit included in your kit!
- EXTRA – SALE-A-BRATION STARTER KIT BONUS! Jan. 3 – March 31, 2020 ONLY!
- a FREE new Mini Paper Cutter
- a FREE 6 x 6 paper sampler of the new designer series paper
- your choice of a FREE stamp set (any price)
- SAVE 20% or more on personal demonstrator orders while you are active. You will have early access to NEW Catalogs and get to order new products early!
- JOIN THROUGH ME! Whether you’d like to start a business or would simply like the great discount, I am here to support you along the way. When you join through me you become a member of the PALS team. You will have access to the PALS private Facebook Groups where we chat, share ideas, ask questions, showcase our creations, have monthly webinars, participate in stamping discussions, prizes, polls, resources, and friendship! You can choose to participate or just quietly lurk and take it all in. You will also have the opportunity to attend OnStage events and get to meet the Stampin’ Up! family, get expert advice on running a successful business, and be the first to hear the latest Stampin’ Up! news. I would love to meet you at an event!
- JOIN RISK-FREE! There’s no obligation to host workshops or parties, sell products to others or personally purchase anything beyond the kit! There is no penalty if you decide to stop and you get to keep all of your starter kit goodies! If you maintain $300 in retail sales per quarter, you can continue to be a Demonstrator. If you don’t reach $300 in sales, you can “drop” with no penalty.
- CLICK HERE to join.
Click Here for a few FAQs about being a demonstrator.
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or want more information! I’d love to chat! (firstname.lastname@example.org 301-766-7916)
77 thoughts on “Buzzing with Excitement for the Pals Blog Hop”
Love your ideas.
Love the project and the card.
Thanks for the great inspiration 🐝🐝🐝
Jeanie, I love you bee card! I wish I could have bought it, but I did get the paper. You have so much talent making cards. Congrats on your 7 year anniversary!
Congrats on your SU anniversary. This project is the bees knees! OMG Lindt bees! You find the best and most fun treats. Love this project.
YOU are so creative and the Honey Bee card (plus lovely decorated envelope) & gift box are OVER THE TOP!
Great card, love the use of the dip and stamped images. My youngest son is graduating college this year, you’re right time does have a way of flying by when you are enjoying life. Had fun hopping along tonight, thanks for the inspiration.
love the bees
Super cute ensemble Jeannie. 🙂
I would send this to my next friend who lives 10 hours away. I love your card design!
Jeanie, I love how you used the bees! And, your personal story is very inspiring!
Will have to keep my eye out for those Lindt bees so I can duplicate
Such cute projects! Loved the curvy box with the bee on top!!
Your cards are always amazing! And the bee curvy box was too cute!
Sorry, my name didn’t get connected to my email!
Your bees a very cute. Love the candy box
I’ve been enjoying all your bee cards and projects! Love the peek-a-boo bee.
You found the cutest candies for your little box. great card too
Cute gift set. More ideas for using this set. Thanks for sharing and congrats on the Blog Hop Anniversary
I adore this card and love the box. You are always so good at coming up with matching items and this one is extra special. Thanks for sharing the love of what you do with us!
Wonderful! I LOVE the black n white stripes.
I love this set. So cute! But, I’m confused? I understand how to make this card, great instructions! But, how did you adhere the bee to the box? Please send me a quick message and let me know how you did it? TFS!