My friend Susan is away on a much deserved and earned Stampin’ Up! vacation. While she is away she asked team members to make “Simple Saturday” and “Step It Up Sunday” cards to share on her blog (www.simplestampin.com). I am always up for a challenge and teamed up with my very talented friend and fellow demonstrator, Ramsey. I thought I had the easy job as Ramsey agreed to come up with a card and I just had to “step it up”. Well, when Ramsey sent me a photo of her card my first thought was, WOW! This is a beautiful card and already stepped up (with layers, double punched daisy, and a faceted gem). How am I going to “Step It Up?
Here’s Ramsey’s card:
My solution was to literally “Step It Up”. You know how I love fun fold cards so I decided to make an easel card.
This is a really easy card to make. The base of my card measures 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 Daffodil Delight, 4 1/8 x 5 3/8 Old Olive, and 4 x 5 1/4 Whisper White with a 1 x 4 strip of DSP from the Color Theory Designer Series Paper Stack. The sentiment is from Birthday Blooms, stamped in Old Olive, cut with the Layering Ovals Framelits, and popped up with Stampin’ Dimensionals. To make the easel I cut a piece of 3 x 6 1/4 Daffodil Delight cardstock and scored it at 2 3/4 and 5 1/2. I adhered it to the Daffodil Delight card base before adding the old olive and whisper white layers.
The stems are stamped on a piece of 2 3/4 x 5 1/4 Whisper White and layered on a piece of 2 7/8 x 5 3/8 Old Olive. I stamped the daisy on the Whisper White and then twice on scraps of Daffodil Delight. I punched out both yellow daisies with the Daisy Punch and offset them before adhering on top of the stamped image. I layered the stamped images on a piece of Old Olive that measures 2 7/8 x 5 3/8. I wrapped some Crushed Curry Mini Chevron Ribbon around this layer and tied a bow. I adhered the layered image to the bottom of the daffodil delight (below the score line) so the image will prop up behind the sentiment.
My grasses did not turn out as nice as Ramsey’s (and I think she may have used Pear Pizzazz ink or stamped off). The ribbon serves to step it up with some added texture (and cover up my inky mistake).
Stamp Sets: Daisy Delight, Birthday Blooms Ink: Daffodil Delight, Old Olive Papers: Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Whisper White, Color Theory Designer Series Paper Stack Tools & Accessories: Daisy Punch, Layering Ovals Framelits, Crushed Curry Mini Chevron Ribbon, Gold Faceted Gems, Stampin’ Dimensional
Many thanks to Ramsey for her card inspiration and to Susan for this fun challenge! If you don’t already follow Susan’s blog, check it out at www.simplestampin.com. You can click HERE to see more of Ramsey’s cards on Pinterest. You can see my cards on Pinterest HERE. Make sure you follow us for lots of card inspiration!
Have a wonderful day!
Current Host Code: TUBYVJ69
Bonus Days are back! For every $50 you spend between July 1–31 (before shipping and tax), you’ll get a $5 Bonus Days coupon that you can use August 1–31.
- There is no limit to the number of coupons participants can receive per order or throughout the duration of the promotion.
- An email address is required to participate; Bonus Days coupon codes can only be delivered via email.
- All order types qualify for this promotion excluding Starter Kits.
- Click here for more details.
Feel free to email me (email@example.com) if you have any questions!
Our Christmas in July promotion makes it easier than ever to sign up to be a demonstrator (hobby or business demonstrator)!
When you join my team in July…
- You will receive a FREE Essentials Gift Pack with your Starter Kit ($52 value)
- 118485 D Block (2 of them)
- 130148 Grid Paper
- 103579 Paper Snips
- 104332 SNAIL Adhesive
- 102300 Bone Folder
- PLUS, to give you a taste of the perks of being a demonstrator, Stampin’ Up! will also include the Carols of Christmas Stamp Set from the holiday catalog for FREE ($20 value)
With so many basic items provided, you’ll be able to get your brand, new business/hobby off to a fast start—and spend your Starter Kit dollars (choose $125 for only $99) on things like your favorite stamp sets and accessories!
- This offer is good for any recruit who joins during the month of July, including former demonstrators.
- All Starter Kit orders must be submitted by 11:59 PM (MT) on July 31 to be eligible for this promotion.
- Essential Gift Pack items (& Carols of Christmas stamp set) may not be exchange for other products.
- Please note: The Essentials Gift Pack will automatically be added to the Starter Kit.
Click HERE for more information or click below to Join the Fun!
Click HERE to Join Now!
I look forward to welcoming you to my team!